Facebook: Sharon Anderson Artist
Sharon has been working as a practising artist and business person since the mid 1980’s when she had a small studio at arc Yinnar. She then spent a fantastic twenty years in a studio/gallery in Newborough. In 2018 Sharon set up a large studio at her home in Moe where she continues to produce her artwork, gift range and other printing projects.
Having finished her Masters of Visual Arts in 2018 Sharon has gone on to a sessional lecturing role at Federation University in Gippsland.
Exhibitions - recent
2023 - 'SCOPE 23' Staff Exhibition, Post Office Gallery Fed Uni Ballarat
2022 - 'Traces', Solo exhibition Stockyard Gallery Foster
2022 - 'Big Space Large Works, 40 Years of Making, Gallery Arc
2022 - 'Impress Printmaking Exhibition' Gallery arc Curated and participated
2022 - 'SCOPE 22' Staff Exhibition, Post Office Gallery Fed Uni Ballarat
2020 - ‘Exploring the Mindscape’ Solo at Meeniyan Art Gallery
2019 - ‘Blue on Blue’ Cyanotypes SParc Gallery arc Yinnar
2019 - ‘Exquisite Chemistry’ Staff exhibition Switchback Gallery Churchill
2018 - Masters Graduate Exhibition at Switchback Gallery Churchill - Federation University
Art-Fx Sharon Anderson - Business
* Sharon has successfully and continuously run her arts business since the mid 1980's . Screenprinting garments and gift lines has been an underpinning part of her business. Early on designing and handprinting posters played a large role in the business. As time goes on her business evolved and now adult education and passing on her skills to others plays an important role in Sharon's art business.
2010 - present
2010 - present
Arc Yinnar - Workshop Coordinator
2016 - 2023
* As part of the community arts role at arc, the Workshop coordinator organises art workshops at the established access studios using the skills of artists both local and further afield. Arc has had recent major renovations to most of the studios, which will benefit all of the artists, students and visitors who have access.
Adult Education art teacher
1991 - 2023
* Sharon has worked as a teacher in various art roles from teaching art to people with intellectual disabilities Mainstream Artworks, Indigenous artists Yakuna Dreaming with RMIT, to teaching screenprinting to prisoners at the local correctional centre.
* Sharon has taught Studio at Federation University Gippsland
* All through this time Sharon has taught short Adult Education Workshops in screenprinting, cyanotype, pastel and painting.
* There have been projects involving children including murals at Traralgon Secondary College and the ‘Cow’ mural with Yinnar and Boolarra Primary Schools.
Masters of Visual Arts Federation University GCAD 2016-2018
Certificate 4 Workplace Assessor Training RMIT 2004
Diploma of Visual Arts GIAE Churchill 1982